Team Healthy Kids Fitness Challenge
The Team Healthy Kids Fitness Challenge is a 22 day do-it-yourself event where you choose to bike, run, walk or swim a total of 22 miles from October 12th to November 2nd, 2014. How you reach 22 miles is completely up to you! Split it up into 1 mile per day or knock them out all in one.
Even if you can't reach the 22 mile goal we still encourage you to participate in your own way. Your efforts will help us make schools healthier places so kids can live healthier lives.
Why 22 Miles in 22 Days?
There are 22 days connecting the Chicago Marathon on October 12th and the NYC Marathon on November 2nd. Team Healthy Kids is running in each race, and the Fitness Challenge is a virtual event of running, walking, biking or swimming during these 22 days in support of healthy kids.
How to join:
- Sign up and create your own fundraising page or team page by clicking on the green button above. Your friends can donate directly to your page! Or, recruit them to join you too!
- Participants who accept the challenge by creating a fundraising page will receive a free weekly training tips from Kopf Running. Participants that raise $100 will receive a high performance shirt.
- Kickstart your page by making a $22 donation to show your support!
- Challenge your friends! Share your pictures on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with #EveryKidHealthy.
- The highest fundraiser and the participant with our favorite photo wins a prize.
Email J.D. Beiting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Action for Healthy Kids
There’s an app for that!
If you want to track every mile that you do, there are several great apps out there! It can help you track your distance and can add total distance across several bouts of exercise. Use an app and then update your total miles total on your fundraising page. Some of our favorite apps are: